Ali El Azzouzi
Information security strategist
– Status: Managing Director at DATAPROTECT, management consulting on cybersecurity, cybercrime & privacy
– Member since: September 2015
– Languages: Arabic, French, English
– Geographic coverage: International. Based in Casablanca, Morocco.
– My clients are: large and medium companies of all sectors (Telecoms, industry and banks), operating in Morocco, Africa, Middle East ,Europe, and internationally, as well as international institutions (United Nations, CRDI,etc..).
– What I do: I provide strategic advice on cybersecurity, fight against cybercrime and privacy.
– How it helps: in our competitive environment, people are pushed to differentiate by going always deeper in their expertise. This trend leaves little time to think across disciplines, reconcile different approaches, leverage new skills, which undermines the capacity to succeed. I help my clients to achieve their goals by understanding the broader environment and planning more strategically, with integrity and sustainability in mind.
– My background: With more thant 15 years experience in IS Security, I have held many senior positions in multinational companies in Morocco and abroad. In 2009, I founded DATAPROTECT, a leading player in cybersecurity and information security in Morocco and in the region. Certified PA QSA, PCI QSA, CISA, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, I hold an MBA in e-Business at the University Laval in Canada. I am also the president of the Moroccan representation of the International Association of fight against cybercrime and the president of the “Digital Trust” APEBI Committee since January 2012. I am also the author of the book “The cybercrime in Morocco” published in June 2010.