– Status: Attorney-at-law, member of Istanbul Bar Association, currently operating a boutique law firm specialized in IT, IP and regulatory areas; previously a partner at one of the leading law firms of Turkey for 10 years.
– Member since: October 2016
– Languages: Turkish and English
– Geographic coverage: Based in Turkey, serving a wide geography covering Balkan Countries, Middle East and Former Soviet Republics.
– My clients are: Software publishers, online entertainment providers, technology startups, intellectual property right holders, financial institutions, cybersecurity providers and seekers.
– What I do: I provide legal services to companies doing business in Turkey, mainly in terms of representation before public authorities for compliance with legislative requirements, dealing with third parties on commercialization of rights and enforcement at the relevant channels.
– How it helps: I have a sound understanding of public authorities’ functionning while being well aware of clients’ businesses’ expectations. I therefore focus on finding compromise solutions for my clients that are in line with international standards. As a lawyer, I strongly believe in offering reliable, speedy and cost-efficient advice.
– My background: I started my professional career in the Turkish Army as an artillery officer. Then I went into the private sector, being employed by one of the most reputable banks of the country. Later I worked with another financial institution and then a GSM operator. In the meantime I completed my second college education at Istanbul University Law Faculty and started to work as a lawyer. I was a partner at one of the leading law firms, where I headed the Intellectual Property and Technology Department. I have recently established my boutique law firm and I am currently serving clients that operate in a wide range of sectors. My clients are mostly foreign capital.