Yvon Le Roux
strategic adviser to international businesses on cybersecurity
– Status: Founder & CEO at MCPE, independent consulting firm in cyber security, coaching, performance management, re-organizations.
– Member since: February 2017
– Languages: Bilingual French, English, fluent in Italian
– Geographic coverage: Worldwide.
– My clients are: international enterprises, public sector organizations, NGO’s, start-ups.
– What I do: strategic hands on advice to international businesses on cyber security, crisis management, public sector, emerging markets, people management, and recruitment.
– How it helps: Following a diagnostic of the problems at hand and assessing the organization’s issues, I then establish action plans to achieve quick wins. This is done through good partnerships within the organizations, and working in a very interactive way with a hands on approach.
– My background: Wealth of experience having engaged across multiple territories, interfacing with governments and private leaders. I have the reputation of being a person able to ‘fix complex problems’. My career started at Sperry Computer Systems across multiple countries (France, Italy, UK, US) before moving to Matra Informatique as President in 1984. Following the acquisition of Matra Informatique by Datapoint, my last position was Datapoint’s Vice President Europe. I then joined Amdahl Corporation in 1992, my last position was President Amdahl Europe. In 1996 I joined Cisco and held various senior positions:
– Vice President Southern Europe including Germany and South Africa (1996 to 2003)
– Vice President Public Sector Europe Middle East and Africa (2003 to 2008)
– Vice President Emerging Central (Africa and Levant) (2008 to 2011)
– Vice President of Cisco’s global Cyber Security initiatives (2011 to 2014)
During my tenure at Cisco I served as Cisco’s Exec Sponsor to major organizations across the globe such as European Institutions, NATO, Australian Department of Human Services, Japanese Ministry of Health Welfare and Labor, Carrefour, Nestlé.