– Status: Chief Operating Officer, CyberSecurity Malaysia
– Member since: May 2017
– Language(s): English
Geographic coverage: I am currently based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Our geographic coverage includes the Asia Pacific and the OIC countries.
– My clients are: Public and private companies.
– What I do: I provide the following services:
– Cyber Security Consultancy
– Cyber Security Training and Professional Certification
– ICT Products Security Assessment, Evaluation and Certification (ISO/IEC 15408)
– Information Security Management System (ISMS) Certification (ISO/IEC 27001)
– Data Sanitization and Data Recovery
– Digital Forensics Services
– Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Test
– How it helps: In delivering the services, we understand that there cannot be a single solution that could fit all and solve every problem. Therefore, we treat each case uniquely and with practicality to find creative solutions to solve the problem. Together with our experts and experienced professionals, we will able to help our clients to overcome their cyber related problems and empower our clients on cyber security knowledge.
– My Background: Dr Zahri Yunos is currently the Chief Operating Officer of CyberSecurity Malaysia. Zahri joined CyberSecurity Malaysia in year 2001 (it was known as NISER then). Prior to joining CyberSecurity Malaysia, Zahri has served the Government of Malaysia as well as other private organisations. Zahri is a certified Associate Business Continuity Professional by the Disaster Recovery Institute International, USA and has been awarded Senior Information Security Professional by the (ISC)2, USA. Zahri also has contributed various publications and presented papers on topics related to cyber security, cyber terrorism and business continuity management.
Zahri expertise and experience has been critical in establishing and sustaining the nation’s prominence in cyber security, particularly in the Asia Pacific and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) countries. Indeed, Zahri was a central figure in the establishment of the OIC Computer Emergency Response Team (OIC-CERT), a collaborative effort of CERTs amongst the OIC countries. Zahri was actively involved in the establishment of NISER (National ICT Security and Emergency Response Centre)’s Panel of Experts (POE) and implementation of the National Cyber Security Policy, which boosted Malaysia’s international image in cyber security.